As a San Diego Personal trainer and expert weight loss specialist for over 15 years, I feel compelled to tell you that weight loss is not everything it is touted be. Every personal trainer and fitness magazine in America will decree a list of great things to look forward to, which is great including a better sense of well-being. Is it wrong for me to say there isn’t always a better sense of well-being? No,we feel its better to serve our clients with truths and mindfulness.
Weight loss can be a miserable and stressful endeavor for anyone take on. The number ONE reason for all weight loss candidates to hire a well qualified weight loss personal trainer. Yes, as tough and resilient as you may think you are, you will require copious guidance, knowledge and emotional support to accomplish your goal. Once you make it to your goal, do you have the razor sharp discipline to make your weight loss stick? Without a high caliber weight loss personal trainer, I would estimate you will have a 95% chance of failure and weight gain rebound. And if you are the lucky 5% that hits their goal. It’s a 100% guarantee that all that weight you lost is coming back on within the next 6 months, plus an additional 10% gain above your baseline weight. Science has shown it, I have personally seen it, and will power dies within one year of dieting cycles. I know this seems somewhat negative, but for the sake of this article it is important to educate yourself on both the pros and cons to weight loss. As i always say a well supported, educated, weight loss client always achieves their goals. They easily transition to the health and wellness lifestyle forever. So on that point lets move on to my list of negatives.
1. Dramatic body transformations are rare.
Even some of the morbidly obese on The Biggest Loser really show down see big changes in their physiques. It is important to note that if your underlying psychological well-being isn’t intact, your perception will never change. Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither were you!
2. Prepare for extra loose skin.
Yes, weight loss means loss in over all size and stretched out skin never rebounds to accommodate change in baseline body girth. My sister Micheline lost over 100 pounds of body weight with careful dieting and exercise. When all was said and done she had an apron of skin hanging across your waist and her arm girth decrease by 60%. Both areas required skin tightening and plastics to hide scars. Rehabilitation took a good 6 months. The good news is she now looks incredible and very fit.
3. Be prepared to invest in new cloths:
Although not a big deal for women who generally love to shop for the latest in fashions, Men generally hate shopping and will wear loose cloth until they drop to their knees. Mens business suits are expensive and getting tailored every few weeks is a nuisance. My recommendation is to hold out as long as possible.
4. Your new perception of people and your friends:
Not only does your body go through a major change, but your mind does too. You become hyper focused on what people eat and their sedentary lifestyles. Yes your proud of your accomplishments, and you want to announce it to the world with your new actions and behaviors. This is good, really good! But prepare for the inevitable that you will forge new relationships with people who now walk the walk and talk the talk with you. And, your perception of those who don’t will get a pious downward nose from you. Yes you don’t mean to be condescending , but your internal mindset loses respect for those who don’t exhibit self-respect to there bodies. and yes this includes spouses, significant others and relatives..
These four points are common phenomena commonly seen within the scope of RXFitnessPros of San Diego. We excel at rebuilding bodies and self esteems though dramatic weight loss, personal training and rehabilitation programs. We can proudly say we have a one hundred percent success rate with clients. Support is imperative to success in all aspects of life. Especially within the realm of health, fitness and nutrition there are gigantic psychological barriers. This is where we intercede.. We are RXFitnessPros of San Diego, California. Contact us for a face to face meeting. We looks forward to meeting you and making your weight loss dreams come true!